Credentials & Resume
Anyone considering using a lawyer should check that lawyer's credentials. Here are
- Juris Doctor, Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Mo. - 1974
- Chief Comments Editor, Urban Law Annual (currently Washington University Journal of Law
- B.A., University of Rochester- Rochester, New York -- 1971
State of Maryland; District of Columbia; United States District Court for the District
of Columbia; United States District Court for Maryland; United States Court of Appeals for
the District of Columbia Circuit; United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit;
United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Co-Author, THE STREET SMART
WRITER (Nomad Press, 2006)
- Contributor of articles to Screentalk Magazine; Writer's Digest Magazine; The
- Contributing Editor, Writer's Carousel Magazine
- Author, HEALTH CARE PRACTICE
MANAGEMENT (Warren Gorham & Lamont, 1995)
- Editor and Publisher, Medical-Legal Letter for Maryland Physicians (1993-94)
- Contributor, Chapter Three, in A. Julien, OPENING STATEMENT (Callahan & Co. 1986)
- Audiotape contributor, "Million Dollar Verdicts" Series. (Professional
Techniques Library, Dallas, TX, 1986)
- Author, CLINICAL TRIALS (novel)
- Author, FINAL REMEDY (novel)
- Author of articles and fiction published in general circulation magazines, including
Regardie's, American Baby, and Computer Shopper Magazine
PERTINENT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Publishing attorney and consultant, providing legal and business services to writers,
authors, editors, and publishing professionals.
- Chairman, Contracts and Grievances Committee, Mystery Writers of America, Inc.
- Writing Instructor ("The Suspense Novel") Writers' Center, Bethesda, MD.
- Vice President & Publisher, AtYourBusiness.com. Managed the design, development, and
implementation of pre-IPO web site furnishing employee management services, tools, and
information to small businesses; acted as in-house counsel.
- Publisher, AlignMark Information Publishing; P&L and budget responsibility for $20M
business information publisher within $6B Thomson Corporation; managed 36-person staff of
editorial, information technology, and marketing professionals in the creation of print,
CD and web products covering human resources and employment law; managed the development
of hr-esource.com, an original information portal for human resource professionals, fully
- Director of Business Development/Senior Editor/Editor, at HR Solutions Division, RIA
Group, division of Thomson Corporation (various positions). Conducted strategic planning
for company's Internet products; planned survey and focus group research; acted as
in-house counsel to senior management with ongoing advice and support on employment,
copyright, and intellectual property law; conceived, designed, and prototyped information
services for HR managers, with primary emphasis on health care benefits; acquired and
developed new titles for Lawyers Cooperative Publishing Company and Clark Boardman
Callahan Publishing Company; initiated acquisition of ATLA Press by Lawyers Cooperative
Publishing Company (a Thomson company).
- Private law practice, Law Offices of Daniel N. Steven; general practice with emphasis on
representing health care providers, corporate and securities transactions, real estate,
and general civil litigation; rated "av" (highest rating) by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Private law practice, Waldman, Steven & Diamond, Chtd.; general practice with an
emphasis on civil litigation, including plaintiff's personal injury, medical malpractice,
and products liability.
- Associate General Counsel, Maryland-National Cap. Park And Planning Commission.,
COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Chairman, Montgomery County Bar Association Interprofessional Committee, 1983-84
(Moderator of 1983-84 Medical Society - Bar Association Joint Meeting).
- Member, Montgomery County Bar Association Interprofessional Committee, 1980-83
- Co-President and Member of Board of Trustees, The Harbor School, Bethesda, MD 1991-1995
Online to resolve your legal issue today - for an affordable flat fee - in the
Other Legal Services